Advice we offer
Our advice is as individual as you. Find out how our super experts can help you today.
Why you need advice
As a Spirit Super member, you have access to advice from our super experts. Whether your needs are simple or more complex, we can help.
Types of advice
We offer three levels of advice:
- General advice
Want to know how to set up salary sacrifice or make an investment switch? With general advice we’ll help you understand how your account works and the options available.
- Intra-fund advice
Want to know which super-boosting strategies might work for you or the best way to invest your super for your age and risk appetite? With intra-fund advice we’ll help you with topics including insurance in super, investment options, and how to boost your super
- Comprehensive advice
Want to discuss your investments outside of super or sort a tax-effective plan for easing into retirement? Work with a Spirit Super financial planner to develop a full financial plan that considers your personal and financial circumstances both in and outside of super.
Help with the super basics.
We're on hand to answer general questions about super and your account. This service is provided at no extra cost to you.
General advice covers topics like:
- super rules and general information
- how to access your account
- help with forms and balance queries
- employer contribution cut-off dates and clearing house help
General advice doesn't consider your financial objectives, situation and needs. Download a copy of the Financial Services Guide.
Making super work for you.
Our super advisers help you get the most out of your super. They offer advice about your account based on your life stage, needs and goals. Chat to them over the phone or in-person at one of our locations around Australia. This service is provided at no extra cost to you.
Intra-fund advice covers topics like:
- strategies to grow your super
- choosing the right investment options for your super
- making sure you have enough and the right type of insurance
- your eligibility for government contributions
Financial advice that’s tailored for you.
Super is just one part of your financial future – there are a lot of other things to consider.
Our qualified financial planners can help you review your financial needs, set goals and create a plan to help you achieve them. Whether you're single, married, have a family, advancing your career or planning to retire, our experts can make the road ahead a little clearer.
Comprehensive advice covers topics like:
- investments outside super, including managed funds, bonds and shares
- tax and debt management
- retirement planning and transition to retirement
- Centrelink rules and benefits (including the Age Pension)
- and much more
Comprehensive advice is provided on a fee-for-service basis. We don't get paid commissions, so you can trust that our advice is based solely on your best interests. We'll give you a quote up-front, so you know what it will cost before we get started.
Meet our financial planners.
How it works
- You meet with a financial planner and talk about your financial needs and goals
- We prepare a financial plan outline and give you a quote for the advice
- You can choose to go ahead or not – it's up to you!
Tip: you may be able to have your comprehensive advice costs deducted from your super account. Ask us how.