Super fees and costs
We keep our fees low, so you have more to invest for the future.
|Type of fee||Amount||How and when paid|
|Investment fee1||Conservative – 0.51%
Moderate – 0.59%
Balanced (MySuper) – 0.74%
Sustainable – 0.91%
Growth – 0.81%
Cash – 0.05%
Diversified fixed interest – 0.30%
Australian shares – 0.84%
International shares – 0.78%
|Deducted from investment returns before they’re credited to your account. Performance-related fee estimates and transaction costs are included in the investment fee.|
|Administration fee2||$67.60 plus 0.15% of your account balance each year (the percentage fee is capped at $450 each year).
||Calculated daily and deducted monthly from your account.
|Advice fees||Nil||Fees for general and intra-fund advice are included as part of the administration fee.
|Indirect cost ratio||Nil||N/A|
1 Investment fees are estimates and are calculated as at 30 June each year. All of the investment fees above are based on actual fees for the financial year ended 30 June 2020. Investment fees for the Sustainable and Moderate options are based on Tasplan Super’s investment fees. Investment fees for all other options are based on MTAA Super’s investment fees. The actual investment fees for the current financial year may vary due to changes to the underlying investments.
2If your Spirit Super account balance is less than $6,000 at 30 June each year or when you close your account, the total combined amount of administration fees, investment fees and indirect costs charged to you is capped at 3% of your account balance. Any amount charged in excess of that cap must be refunded. If you hold more than one account with us, we’ll assess each account separately.
For comprehensive advice, you can meet with a Spirit Super Advice financial planner and they’ll provide a Statement of advice outlining any fees you’ll pay. Read about our advice options.
A fee is an activity fee if:
- the fee relates to costs incurred by the trustee of a superannuation entity that are directly related to an activity of the trustee:
- that is engaged in at the request, or with the consent, of a member or
- that relates to a member and is required by law and
- those costs are not otherwise charged as an administration fee, an investment fee, a buy-sell spread, a switching fee, an advice fee or an insurance fee.
An administration fee is a fee that relates to the administration or operation of the superannuation entity and includes costs that relate to that administration or operation, other than:
- costs that are otherwise charged as an investment fee, a buy-sell spread, a switching fee, an exit fee, an activity fee, an advice fee or an insurance fee.
A fee is an advice fee if:
- the fee relates directly to costs incurred by the trustee of the superannuation entity because of the provision of financial product advice to a member by:
- a trustee of the entity or
- another person acting as an employee of, or under an arrangement with, the trustee of the entity and
- those costs are not otherwise charged as an administration fee, an investment fee, a switching fee, an activity fee or an insurance fee.
A buy-sell spread is a fee to recover transaction costs incurred by the trustee of the superannuation entity in relation to the sale and purchase of assets of the entity.
A fee is an insurance fee if:
- the fee relates directly to either or both of the following:
- insurance premiums paid by the trustee of the superannuation entity in relation to a member or members of the entity
- costs incurred by the trustee of the superannuation entity in relation to the provision of insurance for a member or members of the entity and
- the fee does not relate to any part of a premium paid or cost incurred in relation to a life policy or a contract of insurance that relates to a benefit to the member that is based on the performance of an investment rather than the realisation of a risk and
- the premiums and costs to which the fee relates are not otherwise charged as an administration fee, an investment fee, a switching fee, an activity fee or an advice fee.
An investment fee is a fee that relates to the investment of the assets of a superannuation entity and includes:
- fees in payment for the exercise of care and expertise in the investment of those assets (including performance fees) and
- costs that relate to the investment of assets of the entity other than:
- costs that are otherwise charged as an administration fee, a buy-sell spread, a switching fee, an activity fee, an advice fee or an insurance fee.
A switching fee for a MySuper product is a fee to recover the costs of switching all or part of a member’s interest in a superannuation entity from one class of beneficial interest in the entity to another.
A switching fee for a superannuation product other than a MySuper product is a fee to recover the costs of switching all or part of a member’s interest in a superannuation entity from one investment option or product in the entity to another.